ColciGel® is a prescription transdermal gel that provides relief of acute gout flares utilizing patented Isopeutic® Transdermal Technology, US Patent #5,6545337. The Gensco® patented transdermal drug delivery system used in ColciGel® carries a proprietary formulation, through the skin to the locally affected tissues. ColciGel® is applied directly to the affected site of the gout flare and results have been observed in 3-48 hours. ColciGel® is proven to have negligible systemic absorption minimizing side effects, interactions and comorbidities caused by oral colchicine and NSAIDs.
Indications for Use:
ColciGel® is indicated for:
- Relief of acute gout flares
2012 American College of Rheumatology Guidelines for the Management of Gout. Part 1.
2012 American College of Rheumatology Guidelines for the Management of Gout. Part 2.
Gout: Causes, Diagnosis & Treatment
Dr. Brian Mandell, board member of the Gout & Uric Acid Education Society and Chairman of Medicine in Rheumatology & Immunological Diseases at the Cleveland Clinic talks all about gout:
The Gout & Uric Acid Education Society is a nonprofit organization of health care professionals dedicated to raising awareness about gout arthritis, with the aim of improving the quality of care and minimizing the burden of gout. The Gout & Uric Acid Education Society offers complimentary resources for both the public and medical professionals.
The Gout and Uric Acid Education Society (GUAES) does not endorse or recommend any Gensco Pharma, LLC products. Gensco Pharma and GUAES have not entered into any overarching partnership.
ColciGel® 15mL MDose™ Dispenser
1 Bottle (60 Doses): NDC 35781-400-2
2-Pak (120 Doses): NDC 35781-400-4
The First Transdermal Treatment for Acute Gout Flares.
ColciGel® is the first prescription transdermal gel indicated for treatment of acute gout flares in adults.
Metered Dose Technology (MDose™) dispenses the exact amount of medication.
1 pump = 1 Dose (0.25 mL/pump)
1 – 4 Doses/Application
Clinical results demonstrate that ColciGel® is not significantly absorbed when applied topically, therefore, there is limited potential for drug accumulation.
ColciGel® is easy to apply directly on the site of pain over a 2” x 2” surface area. Each pump is a measured dose for simple adherence.
ColciGel®, is distributed through Specialty Pharmacies including Walgreens®, Cardinal, Cigna Tel-Drug, Optum BriovaRx and Senderra. ColciGel® is contracted with DAPA (Contract #SP0200-15-H-0003), Federal Supply Schedule (FSS), making it accessible to all military personnel and is also available to all MEDICARE patients (Medicare Contract #P1466).
Published in The American Journal of Pharmacy Benefits, August 2016
Pharmacoeconomics of ColciGel® for the Treatment of Acute Gout Flares
by Gary E. Myerson, MD | Arthritis and Rheumatology of Georgia, P.C. more…
ColciGel®: A Superior Alternative for Acute Gout Flares
By Gary E. Myerson, MD | Arthritis & Rheumatology of Georgia, P.C.; Marc Alan Brenner, DPM, The Institute for Diabetic Foot Research; Robert L. Wilbur, Pharm.D., CPh | Director, Medical Affairs, Gensco Pharma more…
Published in Chain Drug Review – Rx News, May 16, 2016
Transdermal Gel Offers New Option for Gout
by Alesia Wagner, D.O., FACOFP more…
- Skin Tears Treatment Market to Observe Strong Development by 2018-2026 April 15, 2019 Articles, Featured, Industry - [To download a printable version of this article, click here] MARKET RESEARCH April 12, 2019… more...
- Gensco® Pharma Partners with IntelGenx to Launch and Commercialize RIZAPORT® (Rizatriptin Oral Film) in the United States December 12, 2018 Featured, Industry, Press Release, Product Update - Miami, Florida, December 12, 2018 – Gensco® Pharma, a leading specialty pharmaceutical manufacturer specializing in… more...
- AAP Issues Flu Vaccine Recommendations for 2018-2019 September 6, 2018 Articles, Industry - All children should receive the flu shot as soon as it is available: AAP [To… more...
- An Exploratory, Single-blind Study to Evaluate Both the Onset of Anesthesia of LiDORx® in Patients Aged 18–88 Years November 9, 2017 Clinical, Research - more...