ColciGel® is a prescription transdermal gel that provides relief of acute gout flares utilizing patented Isopeutic® Transdermal Technology, US Patent #5,6545337. The Gensco® patented transdermal drug delivery system used in ColciGel® carries a proprietary formulation, through the skin to the locally affected tissues. ColciGel® is applied directly to the affected site of the gout flare and results have been observed in 3-48 hours. ColciGel® is proven to have negligible systemic absorption minimizing side effects, interactions and comorbidities caused by oral colchicine and NSAIDs.
Indications for Use:
ColciGel® is indicated for:
- Relief of acute gout flares
2012 American College of Rheumatology Guidelines for the Management of Gout. Part 1.
ColciGel® 2-Pak | 30mL (15mL x 2 Bottles) = 120 Doses
The First Transdermal Treatment for Acute Gout Flares.
ColciGel® is the first prescription transdermal gel indicated for treatment of acute gout flares in adults.
Metered Dose Technology (MDose™) dispenses the exact amount of medication.
1 pump = 1 Dose (0.25 mL/pump)
1 – 4 Doses/Application
Clinical results demonstrate that ColciGel® is not significantly absorbed when applied topically, therefore, there is limited potential for drug accumulation.
ColciGel® is easy to apply directly on the site of pain over a 2” x 2” surface area. Each pump is a measured dose for simple adherence.
ColciGel®, is distributed through Specialty Pharmacies including Walgreens®, Cardinal, Cigna Tel-Drug, Optum BriovaRx and Senderra. ColciGel® is contracted with DAPA (Contract #SP0200-15-H-0003), Federal Supply Schedule (FSS), making it accessible to all military personnel and is also available to all MEDICARE patients (Medicare Contract #P1466).
Published in The American Journal of Pharmacy Benefits, August 2016
Pharmacoeconomics of Colcigel® for the Treatment of Acute Gout Flares
by Gary E. Myerson, MD | Arthritis and Rheumatology of Georgia, P.C. more…
ColciGel®: A Superior Alternative for Acute Gout Flares
By Gary E. Myerson, MD | Arthritis & Rheumatology of Georgia, P.C.; Marc Alan Brenner, DPM, The Institute for Diabetic Foot Research; Robert L. Wilbur, Pharm.D., CPh | Director, Medical Affairs, Gensco Pharma more…
Published in Chain Drug Review – Rx News, May 16, 2016
Transdermal Gel Offers New Option for Gout
by Alesia Wagner, D.O., FACOFP more…
Looking To The Future
- Physician Explores Gout Treatment Options May 15, 2017 Articles, Clinical, Featured - As seen in Chain Drug Review | May 15, 2017 MIAMI — Gout is an extremely painful form more...
- The Difference Between Topical and Transdermal Medications March 29, 2017 Clinical, Research - White Paper by Robert L. Wilbur, Pharm.D., CPh | Executive Director, Medical Affairs, Gensco Pharma Abstract more...
- Working In All Disease States and Cost Management Areas to Help Patients Access Medications March 21, 2017 Clinical, Featured, Industry - Gensco® President and CEO, Carlos Alfaras, recently moderated a Thought Interaction Pod (TIP) session at more...
- Advances in Treatment of Painful Wounds November 28, 2016 Articles, Clinical, Featured - by Marc Alan Brenner, DPM, The Institute for Diabetic Foot Research As seen in Podiatry Management more...