Astero® is the only FDA-cleared prescription hydrogel and 4% Lidocaine HCl for pain associated with wound healing and vasculitis. Available by prescription only, Astero® provides superior wound healing and has a rapid onset of action in 3-5 minutes. Clinicians, treating patients with wounds, concerned with wound pain management should consider Astero® as the first choice in wound therapy.
Astero® Indications for Use:
Indicated for the relief of painful wounds and wound healing such as:
- Closed wound/non-penetrating
- Soft tissue injuries and bony contusions secondary to contusions, hematomas, crush injuries, and sprains/strains due to torsion, traction, compression and tearing
- Acute and chronic wounds of various etiologies
- Associated topical pain
- Post-surgical incisions
- Open wound for pain and healing
- Acute and chronic ulcerations
- Chronic mixed vascular etiologies
- Diabetic ulcers
- Arterial and venous stasis ulcers
- Decubitus ulcers
- Pressure wounds
- First and second degree burns
- Severe to mild cuts and abrasions, lacerations and puncture wounds
The Only Prescription Hydrogel and 4% Lidocaine HCl for Pain Associated with Wound Healing and Vasculitis
Astero® is a FDA-cleared hydrogel plus topical anesthetic (Lidocaine HCl 4%) indicated for painful wounds such as ulcerations, pressure wounds, first and second degree burns, post-surgical incisions, cuts and abrasions.
Astero® 30mL (120 Doses)
Apply to the affected area as directed. Maximum 12 pumps per day.
Metered Dose Technology (MDose™) dispenses the exact amount of medication. 1 pump = 1 dose (0.25 mL/pump).
Astero® provides fast pain relief with an onset of action within 3-5 minutes. Each pump is a measured dose for simple adherence.
- Launched in May 2016
- Available by prescription only
- Astero® is available in 30 mL bottles
- NDC 35781-2500-3
All Gensco® products, including Astero®, are distributed to pharmacy chains such as Walgreens®, CVS®, Walmart®, RiteAid®, Kroger® and Publix® through the major wholesalers such as McKesson, Cardinal and AmerisourceBergen. Astero® is contracted with DAPA (Contract #SP0200-15-H-0003), Federal Supply Schedule (FSS) (Contract #V797D-70219), making it accessible to all military personnel and is also available to all MEDICARE patients (Medicare Contract #P1466). Astero® is available through these Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs): Intalere, Innovatix, MedAssets, Premier, MHA, ROi and Vizient.
Astero® 30mL Bottles (120 Doses) | NDC 35781-2500-3
Published in Podiatry Management, November 2016
A Review and Case Study of Astero (Lidocaine HCl 4%): A New Prescription Hydrogel for Painful Wounds
by Marc Alan Brenner, DPM | The Institute for Diabetic Foot Research
Wound pain has numerous, often interlinked, causes that may relate to the initial injury, the inflammatory response or infection. more…
- Skin Tears Treatment Market to Observe Strong Development by 2018-2026 April 15, 2019 Articles, Featured, Industry - [To download a printable version of this article, click here] MARKET RESEARCH April 12, 2019… more...
- Gensco® Pharma Partners with IntelGenx to Launch and Commercialize RIZAPORT® (Rizatriptin Oral Film) in the United States December 12, 2018 Featured, Industry, Press Release, Product Update - Miami, Florida, December 12, 2018 – Gensco® Pharma, a leading specialty pharmaceutical manufacturer specializing in… more...
- AAP Issues Flu Vaccine Recommendations for 2018-2019 September 6, 2018 Articles, Industry - All children should receive the flu shot as soon as it is available: AAP [To… more...
- An Exploratory, Single-blind Study to Evaluate Both the Onset of Anesthesia of LiDORx® in Patients Aged 18–88 Years November 9, 2017 Clinical, Research - more...