Indications for Use:
Indicated as an anesthetic for:
- Relief of pain at site of injury
- Relief of musculoskeletal pain and soreness
- Pain from neuropathy
- Local medical procedures; injections and vaccines
- Relief of pruritis, pruritic eczema, abrasions, minor burns, insect bites, pain, soreness and discomfort due to pruritis ani, pruritis vulvae, hemorrhoids, anal fissures and similar conditions of the skin and mucous membranes
LiDORx® is an effective topical anesthetic best used for minor to moderate pain relief. LiDORx® can be applied as needed over 24-hours unlike the patch system that must be removed after 12 hours.
LiDORx® Size 10mL NDC 35781-0300-1 0.33 fl oz. (10mL) equivalent to 40 doses. Use 3-4 times over a 24-hour period or as directed by a physician.
LiDORx® Size 30mL NDC 35781-0300-3 1.01 fl oz. (30mL) equivalent to 120 doses. Use 3-4 times over a 24-hour period or as directed by a physician.
LiDORx® Size 90mL NDC 35781-0300-9 3.04 fl oz. (90mL) equivalent to 360 doses. Use 3-4 times over a 24-hour period or as directed by a physician.
Lidocaine HCl Transdermal Gel for Rapid Anesthesia and Site-Specific Relief of Pain
Onset of action as fast as 5 minutes.
LiDORx® provides topical non-narcotic temporary relief for pain as prescribed by a physician. LiDORx® (Lidocaine HCl USP 3%) applied in controlled doses provide relief of surface pain and utilizes MDose™ Technology which dispenses the exact amount of medication (0.25 ml per pump) per application. LiDORx® is only available by prescription.
LiDORx® contains lidocaine hydrochloride formulated into a patented transdermal gel that is designed to enhance the penetration of lidocaine HCl through the skin into the affected tissues. Since LiDORx® is not a patch, it can be applied in varying amounts, within package insert guidelines, to even difficult areas including joints, back, neck, legs, and arms regardless of bony protuberances or motion. In addition, peripheral neuropathies have been shown to benefit from topical lidocaine application.
- Launched March 2013
- Available by prescription only
- Odorless, colorless gel
- Non-Narcotic and Non-Addictive
- Gensco’s unique metered dose technology (MDose™) dispenses the exact amount of medication (0.25 mL per pump) per application which covers a 2″x2″ area of skin
All Gensco products, including LiDORx®, are distributed to pharmacy chains such as Walgreens®, CVS®, Walmart®, RiteAid®, Kroger® and Publix® through the major wholesalers such as McKesson, Cardinal and AmerisourceBergen. LiDORx® is contracted with DAPA (Contract #SP0200-15-H-0003), Federal Supply Schedule (FSS), making it accessible to all military personnel and is also available to all MEDICARE patients (Medicare Contract #P1466).
Gensco sponsored internal testing has demonstrated a greater degree of drug movement across synthetic human skin (in vitro diffusion cell tests), estimated at more than 3 times that of typical topical lidocaine formulations. more…
Looking To The Future
- Physician Explores Gout Treatment Options May 15, 2017 Articles, Clinical, Featured - As seen in Chain Drug Review | May 15, 2017 MIAMI — Gout is an extremely painful form more...
- The Difference Between Topical and Transdermal Medications March 29, 2017 Clinical, Research - White Paper by Robert L. Wilbur, Pharm.D., CPh | Executive Director, Medical Affairs, Gensco Pharma Abstract more...
- Working In All Disease States and Cost Management Areas to Help Patients Access Medications March 21, 2017 Clinical, Featured, Industry - Gensco® President and CEO, Carlos Alfaras, recently moderated a Thought Interaction Pod (TIP) session at more...
- Advances in Treatment of Painful Wounds November 28, 2016 Articles, Clinical, Featured - by Marc Alan Brenner, DPM, The Institute for Diabetic Foot Research As seen in Podiatry Management more...